Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Meet the New Addition!

  Yes, I know I have not been blogging like I should here lately. I profusely apologize. But in my defense, I have been quite busy as of late!
  I have been growing a human for 9 months! I kept it a secret from social media for a long time and until recently, I had not let anyone know, aside from my immediate family and church family. After a while it gets hard to hide the bun though!
  I found out that I was carrying a surprise baby in October of 2014. Apparently, I had became pregnant in early September while training for a 5k with my husband. Unbeknownst to me, I was 6 weeks  pregnant when I ran the 5k. It was grueling and I was exhausted afterwards!
  My original due date was July 8th, but after a routine anatomy scan, they found that our little baby was measuring 3 weeks older. So, they moved my due date to June 16th. We also found out to my husband's delight that I was carrying a baby boy.
  After being 3cm and fully effaced from 36 weeks on, I was very ready to have him! I had battled a very large and immensely painful vaginal varicose vein, so they decided to induce me. I was induced on June 9th at 39 weeks. My husband and I got up at 5 am on June 9th and had to be at the hospital at 5:45 am. At exactly 7 am, my doctor gently broke my water and they started me on a small dosage of pitocen to jumpstart my contractions. By 8 am, I was having regular contractions with barely any pitocen (they had to cut it back to the bare minimum). I quickly dilated to 10 cm and by 10:20, it was go time. I had Timothy at 10:26 am after only 3 minutes of pushing!!!! I was only in labor for 3 hours and 26 minutes. He was a healthy 6 lbs and 12 oz and was 20.5 inches long. We were overjoyed when they allowed us to go home 26 hours after he was born! I thank God everyday for a healthy and speedy delivery with absolutely no complications!  
 Yes, our days are very full, and I never have appreciated hot steamy showers and nap time more! But I would not trade my life as a full-time mother for anything! I give all praise to Jesus for all the blessing He bestows on my little family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment